Say goodbye to the “One Chip Problem.”
Paqui is formally pulling their product off cabinets as the results of a Massachusetts teen’s dying that got here quickly after consuming their spicy chip.
In the event you go to the corporate’s official web site, a daring assertion entrance and middle on the house web page reads the next:
“The Paqui one chip problem is meant for adults solely, with clear and distinguished labeling highlighting the chip isn’t for youngsters or anybody delicate to spicy meals or who has meals allergic reactions, is pregnant or has underlying well being circumstances. We have now seen a rise in teenagers and different people not heeding these warnings. Consequently, whereas the product continues to stick to meals security requirements, out of an abundance of warning, we’re actively working with our retailers to take away the product from cabinets.”
Associated: Airplane Dropping Pink Smoke For Gender Reveal Crashes In Surprising Video!
The corporate added they’re additionally “providing refunds” for individuals who have already bought the chip. It’s presently unclear if the product will probably be faraway from shops without end or if there will probably be some form of alternative sooner or later.
After all, on Tuesday, we reported that 14-year-old Harris Wolobah ate the chip whereas in school, and shortly thereafter started affected by an upset abdomen. The college nurse known as his mom Lois, however he apparently felt higher after heading residence.
Nonetheless, in response to Lois, the teenager handed out earlier than being rushed to the hospital, the place he was sadly pronounced lifeless. His official explanation for dying has not but been decided.
So unhappy. We’re glad to see the corporate taking swift motion to keep away from another doubtlessly associated tragedies, although.
Ideas?? Tell us within the feedback down beneath.
[Images via First We Feast/YouTube]